Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Release the fuel pressure. Refer
- Remove the right windshield wiper arm and the right cowl top cover.
- Remove radiator cover grille, air duct (inlet), air cleaner case, air duct assembly and mass air flow sensor.
- Disconnect electric throttle control actuator and engine coolant hoses.
- Disconnect vacuum hose, fuel injectors electrical connectors, and PCV hose.
- Remove the vacuum tank from intake manifold collector (lower).
- Disconnect the power steering hose bracket.
- Remove the intake manifold collector (upper and lower). The intake manifold collector (upper) should be moved aside with water hoses connected.
- Remove fuel feed hose (with damper) from fuel tube.
Disconnect fuel feed hose (with damper) quick connector at vehicle piping side. When separating fuel feed hose and centralized under-floor piping connection, disconnect quick connector with the following procedure.
- Remove quick connector cap from quick connector.
- Disconnect quick connector from centralized under-floor piping.
- Remove harness connector from fuel injector.
- Loosen mounting bolts in numerical order in the illustration, and remove fuel tube and fuel injector assembly.
Remove fuel injector from fuel tube with following procedure.
- Open and remove clip.
- Remove fuel injector from the fuel tube by pulling straight.
- Remove fuel damper from fuel tube.
Install fuel damper. Insert fuel damper straight into fuel tube. Tighten mounting bolts evenly in turn. After tightening mounting bolts, make sure that there is no gap between flange and fuel tube. When handling O-rings, be careful of the following:
Handle O-ring with bare hands. Never wear gloves.
- Install O-rings on the fuel injector. Upper and lower O-ring are different.
Install fuel injector to fuel tube with the following procedure.
- Insert clip into clip mounting groove on fuel injector. Insert clip so that lug -A- of fuel injector matches notch -A- of the clip.
Do not reuse clip. Replace it with a new one. Be careful to keep clip from interfering with O-ring. If interference occurs, replace O-ring.
- Insert fuel injector into fuel tube with clip attached. Insert it while matching it to the axial center. Insert fuel injector so that lug -B- of fuel tube matches notch -B- of the clip. Make sure that fuel tube flange is securely fixed in flange groove on clip.
- Make sure that installation is complete by checking that fuel injector does not rotate or come off.
- Tighten mounting bolts in two steps in numerical order shown in illustration.
- Connect fuel injector harness.
- Install intake manifold collector (upper and lower).
Connect quick connector between fuel feed hose (with damper) and centralized under-floor piping connection with the following procedure:
- Check the connection for damage and foreign materials.
- Align the quick connector with the tube, then insert the connector straight into the tube until a click is heard.
- After connecting the quick connector, use the following method to make sure it is full connected. Visually confirm that the two retainer tabs are connected to the connector. Pull the tube and the connector to make sure they are securely connected.
- Install quick connector cap to quick connector connection. Install quick connector cap with arrow on surface facing in direction of quick connector.
If cap cannot be installed smoothly, quick connector may have not been installed correctly. Check connection again.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.
- Turn ignition switch ON (with engine stopped). With fuel pressure applied to fuel piping, check for fuel leakage at connection points.
- Start engine. With engine speed increased, check again for fuel leakage at connection points.