- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Insert a deep socket wrench to rotate the adjusting nut and loosen the cable. Then, return the pedal.
- Using a couple of lug nuts, install them on the rotor to prevent it from tilting.
- Remove the adjusting hole plug on the rotor. Using a flat bladed tool, turn the adjuster in direction -A- until the rotor is locked.
After locking the rotor turn the adjuster in the opposite direction (5-6 notches).
- Rotate the rotor to make sure there is no drag. Install the adjusting plug cap.
- Adjust the cable as follows. Operate the pedal 10 or more times with a force of 110 lbs.
Rotate the adjusting nut with a deep socket to adjust the pedal stroke.
NOTEDo not reuse the adjusting nut after removing it.
- When the parking brake cable is operated with a force of 44 lbs, make sure the stroke is within the specified number of notches (3-4). Listen and count the ratcheting -click-.
- With the pedal completely returned, make sure there is no drag on the rear brake.
- Correct as required.