- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine undercover.
Properly drain the radiator. Properly dispose the coolant.
NOTEBe sure the engine is cold before draining the radiator. Do not allow coolant to spill on the drive belts.
- Remove the air duct (inlet) and radiator cover grills (right and left side).
- Disconnect the harness connector from the fan motors, move the harness to the side.
- Disconnect and plug the transmission fluid lines at the radiator.
- Remove the upper and lower radiator hoses. Remove the reservoir tank hose.
- Remove the reservoir tank and bracket.
- Remove the battery and the battery tray. Move the fuse and fusible link block to the side.
Remove the upper clips by pulling the tabs toward the outside, to release the lock.
NOTEDo not pull the tabs excessively or damage will result.
- Remove the rubber mounting (upper) from the mounting pins on the radiator.
Lift up and remove the radiator and the radiator cooling fan assembly.
NOTEDo not damage or scratch the A/C condenser and radiator core when removing the unit.
- Separate the radiator cooling fan assembly from the radiator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Install the upper radiator clip on the radiator core connection. Refer to the illustration.
- Be sure to fill the radiator with the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.