Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the propeller shaft.
- Put a mark on the end of the drive pinion corresponding to the position mark on the final drive companion flange.
- Using the drive pinion flange wrench, Remove companion flange nut.
- Using the puller, remove the companion flange.
- Using the side bearing outer race puller, remove front oil seal.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to sealing lips of oil seal. Press front oil seal into carrier with tool.
- Align the matching mark of drive pinion with the matching mark of companion flange, then install the companion flange.
- Apply oil or grease on the screw part of drive pinion and the seating surface of companion flange nut.
Install companion flange nut with tool.
NOTENever reuse companion flange nut, always use a new one.
- Install propeller shaft.