Removal & Installation
- Remove the propeller shaft. Refer
- Put a mark on the end of the drive pinion corresponding to the position mark on the final drive companion flange.
- Using the drive pinion flange wrench, Remove companion flange nut.
- Using the puller, remove the companion flange.
- Using the side bearing outer race puller, remove front oil seal.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to sealing lips of oil seal. Press front oil seal into carrier with tool.
- Align the matching mark of drive pinion with the matching mark of companion flange, then install the companion flange.
- Apply oil or grease on the screw part of drive pinion and the seating surface of companion flange nut.
- Install companion flange nut with tool.
Never reuse companion flange nut.
- Install propeller shaft.
- Remove rear wheel sensor.
- Remove rear axle assembly.
- Remove rear halfshaft.
- Using flat tip screwdriver, remove side oil seal.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to sealing lips of oil seal.
- Using the drift, press-fit oil seal so that its surface comes face to face with the end surface of the case.
- Install rear halfshaft.
- Install rear axle assembly.