- Be sure the engine is cold.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the front engine cover.
- Drain the engine coolant using the radiator drain plug and the water drain plug at the front of the cylinder block. Properly disposed of used coolant.
- Remove the reservoir tank retaining bolts, and move it to the side.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose and the oil cooler water hose from the water inlet and thermostat assembly.
- Remove the water inlet and thermostat housing retaining bolts.
Remove the assembly from the engine.
NOTEDo not disassemble the water inlet and thermostat assembly. Replace them as a unit, if required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to refill the cooling using the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach operation temperature. Recheck the coolant level, fill as required.