Removal & Installation
Refer to the accompanying illustrations for front and rear wheel speed sensor removal and installation. Note the following when removing and installing the sensors.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- If removing the front wheel sensor, remove the disc rotor to gain access to the front wheel sensor mounting bolt.
- If removing the rear wheel sensor, first remove spare tire.
- Remove the wheel sensor mounting bolt.
Remove the sensor, being careful to turn it as little as possible.
WARNINGBe careful not to damage sensor edge and sensor rotor teeth. Do not pull on the sensor harness.
Disconnect wheel sensor harness electrical connector, then remove harness from mounts.
- Before installing the wheel sensor, check the wheel sensor O-ring, replace sensor assembly if damaged. Clean wheel sensor hole and mounting surface with brake cleaner and a lint-free shop rag. Be careful that dirt and debris do not enter the axle.
- Apply a coat of suitable grease to the wheel sensor O-ring and mounting hole.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Refer to the accompanying illustration for tightening specifications.