Removal & Installation
Refer to the accompanying illustrations for front and rear wheel speed sensor removal and installation. Note the following when removing and installing the sensors.
Avoid rotating sensor when removing it. Do NOT pull on the sensor harness when removing the sensors.Be careful to avoid damaging sensor the edges or rotor teeth.Remove wheel sensor first before removing front or rear wheel hub. This will avoid damaging the sensor wiring and loss of sensor function.Note the retainer tightening specifications shown in the accompanying illustrations during installations.During installation, make sure there is no foreign material such as iron chips on pick-up and mounting hole of the sensor. Check that no foreign material has been caught in the sensor rotor motor. Remove any foreign material and clean the mount.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- If removing the front wheel sensor, remove the disc rotor to gain access to the front wheel sensor mounting bolt.
- If removing the rear wheel sensor, first remove spare tire.
- Remove the wheel sensor mounting bolt.
- Remove the sensor, being careful