Removal & Installation
Refer to the applicable precautions for this system before performing the following operation. Failure to follow the warnings and cautions could result in possible personal injury or death.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the A/C system, as outlined in this section.
- Drain the coolant from the engine into a suitable container.
- Remove the rear RH interior trim panel.
- Disconnect the rear heater core hoses from the rear heater core.
- Disconnect the rear A/C high- and low-pressure A/C pipes from the rear expansion valve.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the following components:
- Rear blower motor
- Rear blower motor resistor
- Rear air mix door motor
- Disconnect the ducts from the rear heater and cooling unit assembly.
- Remove the three bolts to remove the rear heater and cooling unit assembly.
- Disconnect the rear blower motor electrical connector.
Remove the three screws and remove the rear blower motor.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following:
Replace the O-rings from the high and low-pressure A/C pipes with new ones, and apply compressor oil to the O-ring before installation.