Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove the or disconnect the following:
- Install the seal so that it is flush with the retainer housing.
Install or connect the following:
Flywheel. Tighten the bolts to 61-69 ft. lbs. (83-93 Nm).
- Remove the transmission.
- Remove the flywheel or drive plate.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the rear oil seal retainer.
- Remove the oil seal from the retainer.
- Remove the old liquid gasket using scraper. Remove old liquid gasket from the bolt hole and thread.
- Press fit the oil seal into the retainer.
- Apply liquid gasket to rear oil seal retainer.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse order of removal.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the transmission assembly.
- Remove the rear oil seal with a suitable pry tool.
Install the rear oil seal so each seal lip is oriented as shown.
- Press in the seal with a suitable seal installer tool.
- Install the transmission assembly.
- Refill the engine oil to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.