Removal & Installation
Raise and safely support the vehicle.
NOTEWhen removing and installing stabilizer bar secure part A as shown in the accompanying illustration.
Remove stabilizer bar and connecting rod, by unfasten the retainers.
Inspect the stabilizer bar for deformities and cracks and replace if necessary. Check rubber bushings for deterioration and cracks and replace if necessary. Make sure the ball joint can rotate in all directions. If it-s movement is not smooth and free, replace stabilizer bar connecting rod.
When installing stabilizer, make sure that paint mark and bracket face the proper direction as shown.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the front valance center.
NOTENissan recommends using power tools to remove the engine undercover and connecting rod nuts.
- Remove the engine undercover.
- Remove the connecting rod nuts.
Loosen the top bolts retaining the stabilizer bar mounting brackets, then remove the lower bolts from mounting brackets and remove the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the bushings from the stabilizer bar.
- Inspect the stabilizer bar for twisting and/or deformities and replace if necessary. Check the rubber bushing for cracks, wear and deterioration. Replace if necessary.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the retainers as follows:
- Stabilizer bar brackets: 96 ft. lbs. (130 Nm)
- Connecting rod nuts: 62 ft. lbs. (83 Nm)