Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper blade and arm assemblies.
- Remove 4 bolts that secure wiper motor.
- Detach wiper motor from wiper linkage at ball joint.
Remove wiper linkage.
NOTEBe careful not to break ball joint rubber boot.
- Grease the ball joint portion of the linkage.
- Installation of the linkage and motor is the reverse order of removal, noting the tightening specifications in the accompanying illustration.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Clean the pivot area of the wiper arm as shown to reduce the possibility of the wiper arms being loose after installation.
- Before installing the wiper arms, turn the wiper switch on to operate the wiper motor and then turn it -OFF- (Auto Stop).
- Lift the blade up and then set it down onto glass surface to set the blade center to clearance -L1- & -L2- immediately before tightening nut.
- Eject washer fluid. Turn on wiper switch to operate wiper motor and then turn it -OFF-.
- Ensure that wiper blades stop within clearance -L1- & -L2-:
- Tighten wiper arm nuts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm).
- Operate the wiper motor a full cycle, then turn "OFF" (Auto Stop).
Remove wiper arms from vehicle, as follows:
- Remove wiper arm mounting covers and wiper arm mounting nuts.
- Remove wiper arms from wiper arm pivots.
- Remove the cowl top.
- Remove wiper frame assembly mounting bolts, and remove wiper frame assembly.
- Remove wiper motor to linkage nut and washer from wiper motor pivot.
Remove wiper motor from wiper frame assembly.
Do not drop the wiper motor or cause it to contact other parts. Check the grease conditions of the motor arm and wiper link joint(s). Apply grease if necessary.
- Connect wiper motor to connector. Turn the wiper switch ON to operate wiper motor, then turn the wiper switch OFF (auto stop).
- Disconnect wiper motor connector.
- Install link to wiper motor pivot with nut and washer.
- Install wiper motor to wiper frame assembly, and install assembly into the vehicle.
- Connect wiper motor connector. Turn the wiper switch ON to operate the wiper motor one full cycle, then turn wiper switch OFF (auto stop).
- Install cowl top.
- Install wiper arms, as follows:
- Lift the wiper blade up, then rest it onto glass surface to set clearance "L1" and "L2" as illustrated. Clearance "L1" : 24.5 - 39.5 mm (0.965 - 1.555 in), "L2" : 23.5 - 38.5 mm (0.925 - 1.516 in)
Install the wiper arm nut and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install wiper arm covers, then check and adjust clearance "L1" and "L2" as necessary to ensure proper blade overlap.
- Eject washer fluid and operate front wiper motor several cycles, then turn "OFF" (Auto Stop).
At the stop location (Auto Stop), ensure that wiper blades are within clearance "L1" and "L2" as illustrated.