REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the front of the truck and support it safely on stands.
- Slide a drain pan under the transmission. Loosen the rear oil pan bolts first, then drop the rear of the pan slightly so as to allow most of the fluid to drain off without making a mess on your garage floor.
- Remove the remaining bolts, drop the pan and remove the gasket.
- The pan may be washed in solvent for cleaning but must be absolutely dry when it is reinstalled. Do not wipe it out with a rag, or you will risk leaving bits of lint inside the transmission.
- Remove all traces of the old gasket from the pan and from the transmission. Install a new gasket on the pan using small quantities of sealer around the bolt holes.
- Replace the transmission filter or strainer at this time, if necessary.
- Install the pan and tighten the retaining bolts in a crisscross pattern starting at the center.
The transmission case is aluminum, so don't exert too much force on the bolts. Tighten the bolts to 3.6-5.1 ft. lbs. (5-8 Nm).
- Refill the transmission through the dipstick tube and check the fluid level.