The purpose of this valve is to control the fluid pressure applied to the brakes to prevent rear wheel lockup during weight transfer at high speed stops.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the brake lines going to the valve.
- Remove the mounting bolts, if used, and remove the valve.
This valve can not be rebuilt. It must be replaced.To install:
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Bleed the brake system.
1986-88 (D21-D Series)
HEAVY DUTY MODELS WITH VG30i ENGINE
See Figure 5
- Position approximately 220 lbs. of weight over the rear axle.
- Install pressure gauges at the front and rear brakes.
- Depress the brake pedal until the front brake pressure is approximately 711 lbs. Check that the rear brake pressure is 327-469 lbs.
- Depress the brake pedal until the front brake pressure is approximately 1422 lbs. Check that the rear brake pressure is 455-654 lbs.
- If the rear brake pressure is not within specifications, move the spring bracket to the left if the pressure is high or to the right if the pressure is low. Repeat this process until the rear brake pressure is correct.