See Figures 1 and 2
This adjustment should be performed with the injection lever in the free position.
- Disconnect the pump controller rod.
- Loosen the locknut and capnut on the compensator.
- Turn the capnut until it touches the injection lever. Tighten the locknut.
Two methods can be used for adjustment depending on your budget:
- Using a barometer, measure atmospheric pressure in the immediate area of the pump. Determine how much the capnut should be loosened using the equation, R = 9.878 x 10 3 x (760-P), in which R = the number of revolutions the capnut should be loosened and P = the measured atmospheric pressure in mmHg.
- The cap nut adjustment can be determined according to altitude above sea level.
- When the adjustment has been made, tighten the locknut.
- Install the controller rod.
Make certain that the bolt comes into contact with the injection pump lever. If not, loosen and readjust the bolt.