SD22 and SD25 Engines
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Loosen the injection lines at the pump and nozzles and remove the lines. Cap the openings immediately.
- Unscrew the injector and holder from the head.
- Secure the nozzle holder in a vise and remove the lock nut.
- Remove the nipple.
- Remove the nozzle holder body from the nozzle nut.
- Remove the spacer collar and pushrod.
- Remove the nozzle holder body from the vise and remove the nozzle spring and adjusting shims.
The adjusting shims may be removed with a piece of wire, but great care must be taken to avoid damage to the nozzle tip.To install:
- Clean fuel oil may be used to clean all parts. Inspect all parts for damage and good fit.
- Assemble the nozzle in reverse order of disassembly.
- Install the nozzle in a tester.
- Operate the tester lever at 1 stroke per second and read the pressure at injection. The pointer will oscillate slightly during injection.
- Increase or decrease the thickness of the nozzle spring adjusting shims until opening pressure is 1422.3 psi. A total of 31 different shims are available. A shim thickness of 0.05mm equals a difference of 85.338 psi.
- Install the nozzles and lines. Tighten the nozzles to 50-65 ft. lbs.