Please refer to General Information & Maintenance for all Charging and Discharging procedures.
It may be illegal in certain areas to service air conditioning components unless you are certified. Consult with your local authorities.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATIONAll Models
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cables.
- Remove all the necessary equipment in order to gain access to the compressor mounting bolts.
- Remove the compressor drive belt.
To facilitate removal of the compressor belt, remove the idler pulley and bracket as an assembly beforehand from the underside of the truck.
- Discharge and recover the air conditioning refrigerant.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines with a clean shop towel.
Be sure to use 2 wrenches (one to loosen fitting-one to hold fitting in place) when disconnecting the refrigerant lines.
- Tag and disconnect all electrical connections.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts. Remov