REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The front oil seal is a part of the oil pump assembly. To replace the oil pump seal, refer to the Oil Pump Removal and Installation procedures, in this section.
- Remove the radiator shroud, the fan and the pulleys.
- Drain the coolant from the radiator and remove the water pump hose.
- Remove the power steering, A/C compressor and alternator drive belts.
- Remove the suction pipe bracket and then remove the lower hose from the suction pipe.
- Remove the spark plugs.
- Set the No. 1 piston at TDC of its compression stroke and the remove the idler bracket for the compressor drive belt.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Loosen all bolts, then remove the upper and lower timing belt covers.
- Install the two timing belt covers and tighten the mounting bolts to 2-4 ft. lbs. (3-5 Nm).
- Press the crankshaft pulley onto the crankshaft and tighten the bolt to 90-98 ft. lbs. (123-132 Nm). Install the spark plugs.
- Install the A/C compressor idler bracket.
- Install the suction pipe bracket and connect the lower hose. Install all drive belts and adjust their tension.
- Reconnect the water pump hose and fill the engine with coolant. Install the fan shroud and pulleys. Start the engine and check for any leaks.