REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Place protective covers over the front fender and cowl top grille.
- Open the hood and mark the hinge locations on the hood for reinstalling.
- Remove the hood hinge to hood retaining bolts and carefully lift the hood from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the hood for proper alignment.
- Loosen the bolts attaching the hood hinge.
- Adjust the hood back and forth and side to side until it is in the proper position.
- Loosen the bolts attaching the hood lock and adjust the hood lock back and forth and side to side until it is in the proper position and opens and closes smoothly.
- Loosen the lock nut on the dovetail bolt and turn the dovetail bolt in or out as necessary to obtain the correct height.
- Tighten the lock nut firmly while holding the dovetail bolt with a screwdriver to secure the adjustment. Torque the locknut to 14-19 ft. lbs.
Make sure that the safety catch hooks the hood properly when the hood latch has been disengaged.