REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 51970-79
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the defroster hoses.
- Disconnect the water hoses from the inlet and outlet pipes of the heater core.
- Remove the four clips and front cover.
- Remove the heater core from the heater housing.
- Install the heater core in the housing and press in the clips.
- Connect the heater hoses and the defroster ducts.
- Fill the engine with coolant, start the engine and check for any leaks.
- Remove the heater assembly.
- Remove the screws and clips and separate the heater case halves.
- Slide out the heater core.
- Install the heater core in the heater case and close the two halves. Install the clips.
- Install the heater assembly.