Rear Disc Brakes Only
See Figures 1 and 2
Refer to the necessary illustration and drum brake service procedures as a guide for removal and installation of parking brake shoes.
- Raise the rear of the truck and support it with safety stands.
- Remove the adjuster hole plug at the rear of the brake backing plate.
- Make sure that the parking brake is fully released and rotate the star wheel adjuster downward with a brake adjusting tool until the shoes are touching the brake drum.
- Back off the star wheel 7-8 latches.
- Install the hole plug and rotate the wheel a few times to ensure that the shoes are not dragging on the drums.