REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unscrew the two retaining bolts and remove the steering column garnish.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel as detailed previously.
- Trace the switch wiring harness to the multi-connector. Push in the lock levers and pull apart the connector.
- Unscrew the mounting screws and remove the switch.
- Install the switch and tighten the mounting screws. Be sure to align the protrusion on the switch body with the hole in the steering column.
- Connect the switch multi-connector.
- Install the steering wheel and column covers. Connect the negative battery cable.
On 1986-88 models (D21D series), the lighting switch, wiper and washer switch and the A.S.C.D. switch can be replaced without removing the combination switch base.