REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 21980-88
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the steering wheel and the column covers.
- Drill out the shear bolts holding the lock assembly in place and remove the conventional bolts.
- Disconnect the wiring from the switch and remove the assembly.
- Unscrew the retaining bolts in the lock cylinder and separate the switch from the lock.
- Connect the switch to the lock cylinder and tighten the retaining screws.
- Make sure that the hole in the column and the mating part of the lock cylinder are aligned. Install new shear bolts and break off their heads.
- Connect the electrical lead to the switch and then install the column covers.
- Install the steering wheel and connect the battery cable.