REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the union nuts and disconnect the two hydraulic lines at the damper.
- Remove the mounting bolts and then remove the clutch damper from the firewall.
- Install the damper and tighten the bolts to 6-8 ft. lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Reconnect the hydraulic lines being careful not to damage the union nuts.
- Bleed the system.
See Figure 1
- Remove the damper cover and gasket from the cylinder body.
- Remove the rubber damper, piston, cups and spring from the cylinder.
- Clean the inside of the cylinder with a rag and inspect for scoring. If there is no serious damage, hone the cylinder just enough to remove deposits. Replace the cylinder if light honing does not remove the score marks. Wash all the parts in brake fluid before assembly.
- Coat the new rubber parts with clean brake fluid and reassemble. Coat the piston with lithium soap based glycol grease.
- Install a new gasket and tighten the damper cover to 3-4 ft. lbs. (3-5 Nm).