The cruise control power switch is a rocker-type switch located on the dashboard, to the left of the steering column. When this switch is depressed, power is sent to the control module under the dashboard, and to the speed control switch integrated into the left hand side headlight/turn signal lever (combination switch) on the steering column.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts securing the trim panel below the steering column, then place the trim panel aside.
- Locate the position of the cruise control power switch in the dashboard. Working from behind the dash, push the power switch out with your hand.
- Once the switch is removed from its mounting position, unplug the wiring harness from the rear of the switch.
- Plug the wiring harness into the rear of the switch.
- Push the switch into its mounting hole on the dashboard.
- Position the lower trim panel under the dashboard and secure with the retaining bolts.
- Connect the negative battery cable.