Cylinder Head Cover
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3To install:
- Replace or reinstall the cover gasket, as necessary. Be sure to clean the mating surfaces. If the old gasket shows any signs of damage, breaks or cracks, it should be replaced.
When installing the cylinder head cover (valve cover), always torque the 2 center retaining bolts to half their specified torque first; then, working towards the ends, torque the retaining bolts in equal steps to their final torque.
- On all 1989 models, tighten the nuts evenly to 0.7-2.2 ft. lbs. (1-3 Nm).
- On 1990-95 models, tighten the nuts evenly to 0.7-2.2 ft. lbs. (1-3 Nm) on 6-cylinder models or to 5-8 ft. lbs. (7-11 Nm) on 4-cylinder engines.
- Reconnect the PCV hose and install the air cleaner assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.