REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- With the cylinder head removed from the engine and the valves removed from the cylinder head, old valve seat inserts can be removed by boring them out until they collapse. Be careful that the boring doesn't continue beyond the bottom face of the insert recess in the cylinder head.
- Select a suitable valve seat insert and check its outside diameter.
- Machine the cylinder head recess using the center of the valve guide as the center of the valve seat insert, so that the insert will have the correct fit.
- Ream the cylinder head recess at room temperature.
- Heat the cylinder head to 302-320