Always observe the following cautions when working on the radio:
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Nissan offers no factory approved information regarding service the radio or entertainment systems. Please utilize this procedures as a general guide, referring to the accompanying figure(s), as necessary for further clarification.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all necessary trim panels.
- Disconnect the wiring plug at the back of the radio.
- Remove the mounting screws, and pull the radio from the dash.
- Disconnect the wiring harness and the antenna.
- Reconnect the wiring harness into the rear of the radio and then slide the radio into the instrument panel.
- Install and tighten the radio mounting screws evenly.
- Reconnect the antenna and any electrical leads.
- Install all trim panels. Reconnect the battery and check for proper operation.
AM TRIM ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 3
If a new antenna or antenna cable is used, or if poor AM reception is noted, the antenna trimmer on all factory and most aftermarket radios can be adjusted. Turn the radio to a weak station around 1400 kHz. Adjust the trimmer screw until best reception and maximum volume are obtained. The trimmer screw for the factory installed radio is located either above the left station pre-set button or in the lower left corner of the facia. On some aftermarket units, the trimmer can only be accessed once the case is removed (for more information, contact the aftermarket radio manufacturer).
Never turn or adjust the antenna trimmer more than 1/2 turn!
For best AM and FM reception, raise the antenna to its full height and make sure the antenna is properly grounded. Weak reception can be caused by loose or corroded antenna connections and fasteners.