REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Support the vehicle securely by using jackstands or equivalent under the frame of the vehicle.
- Remove the exhaust pipe clamps and, if equipped, the front exhaust pipe shield.
- Soak the exhaust manifold front pipe mounting studs with penetrating oil. Remove the attaching nuts and gasket from the manifold.
If these studs snap off while removing the front pipe, remove the manifold then drill out the stud and tap the hole.
- If equipped, remove the exhaust pipe mounting hanger or bracket.
- Remove the front pipe from the muffler/catalytic converter.
- Install the front pipe on the manifold with seal, if so equipped.
- Connect the pipe to the muffler/catalytic converter. Assemble all parts loosely and position the pipe to insure proper clearance from vehicle body.
- Tighten mounting studs, bracket bolts and exhaust clamps.
- If equipped, install exhaust pipe shield.
- Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks.