REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Place protective covers over the front fender and cowl top grille.
- Open the hood and mark the hinge locations on the hood for installation purposes.
- Remove the hood hinge-to-hood retaining bolts and carefully lift the hood from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the hood for proper alignment.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts attaching the hood hinge(s).
- Adjust the hood back-and-forth or side-to-side until it is in the proper position.
- Loosen the bolts attaching the hood lock and adjust the hood lock back-and-forth or side-to-side until it is in the proper position. Make sure it opens and closes smoothly.
- Loosen the locknut on the dovetail bolt (part of the hood latch assembly) and turn the dovetail bolt in or out as necessary to obtain the correct height.
- Tighten the locknut firmly while holding the dovetail bolt with a screwdriver to secure the adjustment. Torque the locknut to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-26 Nm).
Make sure that the safety catch hooks the hood properly when the hood latch has been disengaged.