REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the drain plug and drain the differential gear oil.
- Disconnect the axle shafts at the differential.
- Remove the front driveshaft.
- Position a floor jack under the differential and raise it just enough to support the carrier.
- Loosen all the engine mount bolts, position another floor jack under the engine and raise it just enough to release the pressure on the mounts.
- Remove all mounting bolts and lower the differential carrier down and away from the vehicle.
- Install the carrier and temporarily tighten nuts A and B . Tighten bolts C and D , and nuts A, B and E in order, to 50-64 ft. lbs. (68-87 Nm).
- Lower the engine and tighten the engine mount bolts.
- Install the driveshaft and axle shafts.
- Remove the jackstands, lower the vehicle and fill the differential with gear oil.