REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
The lower ball joint on 2wd models is integral with the lower control arm. They are removed and replaced as a unit.
- Make matching marks on the anchor arm crossmember when loosening the adjusting nut until there is no tension on the torsion bar and remove the torsion bar.
- Separate the lower ball joint from the knuckle spindle on 2wd models. On 4wd models, separate it from the control arm.
- Remove the front lower control arm attaching nut.
- If necessary, remove the bushing of the lower control arm spindle from the frame using a suitable bushing press tool.
- Coat the control arm bushing with soapy water and then install the arm to the frame. Tighten the bolt to 80-108 ft. lbs. (109-147 Nm).
- Connect the ball joint to the knuckle on 2wd models or to the control arm on 4wd models.
- Install the torsion bar and lower the vehicle.
- Check the front end alignment.