REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Separate the upper ball joint from the knuckle as previously described.
- Disconnect the shock absorber at the upper end.
- Unbolt the control arm spindle. Lift out the upper control arm.
- The bushings may now be pressed out from both sides of the control arm.
- Apply a soapy solution to new bushings and press them into position in one end of the arm, so that the flange on the bushing firmly contacts the end surface of the upper link collar.
- Install the spindle and press in the remaining bushings.
The inner washers are installed with the rounded edges facing inward.
- Temporarily tighten the spindle end nuts.
- Install the upper ball joint.
- Bolt the control arm to the frame. Tighten the bolts to 80-108 ft. lbs. (109-147 Nm).
- Tighten the spindle end nut with camber adjusting shims. Tighten the nuts to 52-76 ft. lbs. (71-83 Nm). Check the dimensions A and B in the illustration. Dimension A should be 4.33 in. (110mm). Dimension B should be 1.26 in. (32mm).
- Install the ball joint to the knuckle and check the front end alignment.