REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
- Remove the fuel tank protector cover.
- If equipped, remove the drain plug at the bottom of the tank and drain the fuel into a suitable container.
- Disconnect the filler tube from the filler hose.
- Disconnect the ventilation hoses, the fuel return hose and fuel outlet hose from the tank. Detach the gauge unit wires at the electrical connector.
- Unfasten the mounting bolts and remove the fuel tank.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. When installing, tighten the clamps securely, but do not crimp any of the lines. Install the clips holding the fuel tube to the underbody securely. Do not attach the filler hose to the tube until the tank is in place; attaching the filler hose prematurely may cause leaks around the connection.