In most areas it is illegal to service an A/C system unless you have both the proper certification and an approved refrigerant recover/recycling machine. Check with you local authorities before attempting to service an A/C system. If necessary, take you vehicle to a reputable repair facility and have the system professionally discharged before beginning the repairs. If this is done, return the vehicle to the repair shop immediately after finishing the repairs to have the system evacuated and recharged.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Nissan offers no factory approved information regarding service to the heating and air conditioning systems. Please utilize this procedures as a general guide, referring to the accompanying figures, as necessary for further clarification.
- Either discharge the A/C system using an approved recovery station or have the A/C discharged by a reputable repair facility.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the refrigerant line. Remove the tube mounting bolt.
- Remove the instrument panel assembly.
- Remove the blower unit.
- Remove the cooling unit.
- Install the cooling unit. Install the blower unit.
- Install the instrument panel.
- Connect the refrigerant line and battery cable. Adjust the control cable, if necessary.
- Either properly evacuate and charge the A/C system using an approved charging station or have the system serviced by a reputable repair facility.