In most areas it is illegal to service an A/C system unless you have both the proper certification and an approved refrigerant recover/recycling machine. Check with you local authorities before attempting to service an A/C system. If necessary, take you vehicle to a reputable repair facility and have the system professionally discharged before beginning the repairs. If this is done, return the vehicle to the repair shop immediately after finishing the repairs to have the system evacuated and recharged.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Either discharge the A/C system using an approved recovery station or have the A/C discharged by a reputable repair facility.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fittings or disconnect the line retainers (as applicable), then remove the refrigerant line. Immediately cap or plug the openings to prevent system contamination.
- Replace the faulty line or hose. Always replace O-rings, when used.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Either properly evacuate and charge the A/C system using an approved charging station or have the system serviced by a reputable repair facility.