INSPECTION & ADJUSTMENT
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Start the engine and warm it up until the coolant temperature indicator points to the normal operating temperature.
- Stop the engine and remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Set the alignment mark to point to the roller center. A mark is impressed on the fast idle cam so that the top of the cam may be faced in the correct direction.
- If necessary, turn the adjusting screw (A) until the top of the cam faces the center of the lever roller.
- Measure clearance (G) between the roller and the top of the Fast Idle Cam (FIC) using a feeler gauge. The clearance specification (G) value is 0.079-0.102 in. (2.0-2.6 mm) on manual transmission models. The clearance specification (G) value is 0.071-0.094 in. (1.8-2.4 mm) on automatic transmission models.
- If clearance (G) is out of specification, adjust clearance (G) using adjusting screw (B) to 0.091 in. (2.3 mm) on manual transmission models, or 0.083 in. (2.1 mm) on automatic transmission models.