REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable.
- Tag and disconnect all necessary hoses, cables and brackets.
- Disengage the throttle position (TP) sensor electrical connector.
- Unbolt and remove the the throttle body assembly.
- Install the throttle body to the intake using a new gasket. Tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Engage the TP sensor electrical connector.
- Reconnect all necessary hoses, cables and brackets as tagged during removal.
- Connect the throttle cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
To properly position the TP sensor, start the engine and allow to warm up. Check idle speed and adjust if necessary. Disengage the harness connector and loosen the sensor mounting bolts. Connect a circuit tester to the TP harness, check the closed TP sensor position by closing throttle valve manually. Open the throttle manually and check position. The center point is the correct adjustment. When you are finished, be sure to tighten the TP sensor mounting bolts.