REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Raise the rear of the truck and support it with jackstands placed under the frame.
- Disconnect the shock absorbers at their lower end. Disconnect the parking brake cables from the springs.
- Remove the nuts securing the U-bolts around the axle housing.
- Place a jack under the rear axle housing and raise the housing just enough to remove the weight from the springs.
- Remove the nuts from the spring shackles, drive out the shackle pins and remove the spring from the vehicle.
- Install the springs. The weight of the truck must be on the rear wheels before tightening the front pin, shackle, and shock absorber attaching nuts.
- Bounce the truck several times to set the suspension and then tighten the front pin and shackle nuts to 58-72 ft. lbs. (78-98 Nm). Tighten the U-bolt nuts to 65-72 ft. lbs. (88-98 Nm). Tighten the shock absorber lower end nut 22-30 ft. lbs. (30-40 Nm).