The actuator contains the electric isolation and dump solenoids. It also contains the small accumulator into which released brake fluid is routed and stored. The accumulator only retains fluid under pressure when the R-ABS is in operation.
The hydraulic actuator unit is mounted on the frame rail ahead of the right rear wheel.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the brake fluid.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Locate the actuator under the right side of the vehicle. Detach the brake lines and the electrical connectors.
- Unfasten the mounting bolts and remove the actuator.
- Install the actuator and tighten the mounting bolts to 27-37 ft. lbs. (36-50 Nm).
- Fasten the brake lines and electrical connectors.
- Refill the master cylinder with new brake fluid and bleed the brake system.
- Lower the vehicle and connect the battery cable.