REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
Release the fuel pressure from the fuel line as follows:
- Remove the fuel pump fuse at the fuse box.
- Start the engine.
- After the engine stalls, crank the engine two or three times to make sure that the fuel pressure is released.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and reinstall the fuel pump fuse.
- Loosen the hose clamps at the fuel inlet and outlet lines. Wrap a shop towel or absorbent rag around the filter, then slide each line off the filter nipples.
- Remove the fuel filter and old hose clamps.
- Place new hose clamps on the fuel inlet and outlet lines.
- Connect the fuel filter, being careful to observe the correct direction of flow, then tighten the hose clamps.
- Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.
Always use a high pressure-type fuel filter assembly. Do not use a synthetic resinous fuel filter.