REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Nissan offers no factory approved service procedures for the steering column removal and installation on the trucks covered by this manual. Please use the following procedures as a guide.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the pinch bolt securing the worm shaft to the steering coupling.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering column shell covers.
- Remove the combination switch.
- Remove the driver's side heater duct.
- Remove the jacket tube bracket plate from the firewall behind the pedals.
- Remove the column mounting bracket and remove the steering column assembly.
- Set the front wheels in the straight-ahead position and make sure that the punchmark on the upper end surface of the steering column is at the center of the upper side (its facing upward) and then install the column.
- Tighten the column mounting bracket and jacket tube bracket plate mounting bolts.
- Connect the heater duct and install the combination switch.
- Install the shell covers and the steering wheel.
- Install the worm shaft pinch bolt and tighten it to 17-22 ft. lbs. (24-29 Nm).
- Connect the battery cable.