REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Position the wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the horn pad by unscrewing the two screws from the rear side of the steering wheel crossbar.
- Punchmark the top of the steering column shaft and the steering wheel flange.
- Remove the attaching nut and remove the steering wheel with a puller tool.
Do not strike the shaft with a hammer, which may cause the column to collapse.To install:
- Install the steering wheel so that the punchmarks are aligned.
- Tighten the steering wheel attaching nut to 22-29 ft. lbs. (29-39 Nm).
- Install the horn pad.