REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper blades and arms as an assembly from the pivots. The arms are retained to the pivots by nuts. Remove the nuts and pull the arms straight off.
- Remove the cowl top grille. It is retained by screws at its front edge. Remove the screws and pull the grille forward to disengage the tabs at the rear.
- Remove the stop ring which connects the wiper motor arm to the connecting rod.
- Disconnect the wiper motor harness at the connector on the wiper motor body from under the instrument panel.
- Remove the retaining screws and pull the wiper motor outward and remove the motor from the vehicle.
- Install the wiper motor and connect the harness.
- Connect the linkage to the motor arm and then install the cowling.
- The wiper arms should be installed so that the blades are 0.98 in. (25mm) above, and parallel to, the windshield molding. If the motor has been run, be sure the motor and linkage is in its parked position before installing the wiper arms. To do this, connect the negative battery cable, then turn the ignition switch ON and cycle the motor three or four times. Shut off the motor with the wiper switch (not the ignition switch), and allow the motor to return to the Park position.