Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Disconnect and remove the following:
Shock absorber lower end and U-bolts
When installing rubber parts, final tightening must be carried out under unladen conditions with tires on ground.
- Apply soapsuds to rubber bushing.
Install rubber bushing, spring shackle and front eye bolt, and finger tighten the nuts.
NOTEWhen installing the nuts on the front shackle, they must be positioned as shown in illustration. Rear shackles may be installed from either direction.
- Install leaf spring assembly aligning spring center bolt with the hole in lower seat.
- Install upper seat on top of leaf spring assembly aligning the hole in upper seat with spring center bolt.
- Tighten U-bolt mounting nuts diagonally.
- Install shock absorber, and finger tighten the nut.
- Tighten U-bolts so that the lengths of all U-bolts on upper spring seat are the same. Tighten u-bolts to: 59-73 ft. lbs. (79-99 Nm).
- Remove stands and bounce the vehicle to stabilize suspension (un-laden).
- Tighten spring shackle nuts, front eye bolt nuts and upper pin nuts and shock absorber nuts.