REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove all the necessary equipment in order to gain access to the compressor mounting bolts.
- Remove the compressor drive belt.
To facilitate removal of the compressor belt, remove the idler pulley and bracket as an assembly beforehand from the underside of the car.
- Using an approved recovery/recycling machine, discharge the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect and plug the refrigerant lines with a clean shop towel.
Be sure to use 2 wrenches (one to loosen the fitting and one to hold the fitting in place) when disconnecting the refrigerant lines.
- Disconnect and tag all electrical connections.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts. Remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Install the compressor on the engine and evenly torque all the A/C compressor mounting bolts to 33-44 ft. lbs. (45-60 Nm).
- Connect all the electrical connections and unplug and reconnect all refrigerant lines using new O-rings coated with clean refrigerant oil.
- Install all the necessary equipment that was removed to gain access to the compressor mounting bolts.
- Install the idler pulley and bracket
- Install and adjust the drive belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate, charge and leak test the system as required. Make sure the oil level is correct for the compressor.
- Check the A/C system for proper operation.
Do not attempt to the leave the compressor on its side or upside down for more than a couple minutes, as the oil in the compressor will enter the low pressure chambers. Be sure to always replace the O-rings.