REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The receiver/drier is a round soup can looking unit. It is located next to the condenser. The receiver/drier removes moisture from the air conditioning system. If the system has been exposed to the atmosphere for a period of time, replace the receiver/drier. The unit will hold only a specific amount of moisture.
The receiver/drier is equipped with a fusible plug located at the top of the assembly. The plug will melt at 221°F (105°C), discharging the refrigerant to atmosphere. If the plug is melted or opened, check for an overheating condition and replace the receiver/drier.
- On all models, the receiver/drier is on or near the condenser. Properly discharge the system into approved recovery/recycling equipment.
- Disconnect the pressure switch.
- Using a backup wrench, disconnect the refrigerant lines and cap them to prevent moisture from entering the system.
- Unbolt and remove the receiver/drier.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to use new O-rings coated with clean refrigerant oil and gaskets. Always evacuate, recharge and leak test as outlined in General Information & Maintenance .