If the linkage has been disassembled, it should be adjusted as an assembly rather than trying to adjust only one part. First, adjust the rods and levers, then connect and adjust the cables to the linkage.Ventilator Door Control Rod
- Viewed from the driver's side, rotate the side link fully clockwise.
- With the upper and lower door levers pushed down, connect the lower rod first, then the upper rod.
- Rotate the side link fully counterclockwise.
- Push the defroster door lever towards the firewall and connect the rod.
See Figure 1
- Rotate the side link fully clockwise.
- With the control lever in the DEFROST position, hook the cable to the side link.
- Take up the slack in the cable housing by pushing it gently away from the firewall and secure the housing.
See Figure 2
- To adjust the control rod, disconnect the temperature control cable from the door lever.
- The valve end of the rod is attached to the valve with a wire loop. With the rod loose at the air mix door end, move the air mix door lever and the valve link lever all the way in the direction that would pull the rod away from the valve lever.
- Gently pull the rod so there is about 0.080 in. (2mm) gap between the rod and valve lever and secure the rod at the door lever.
See Figure 3
- Move the control levers to the full HOT position.
- Rotate the air mix door linkage towards the full HOT position.
- Attach the cable and take up the slack in the cable housing before securing it with the clip.
See Figure 4
- Move the control lever to the RECIRCULATE position.
- Move the intake door lever fully towards the cable housing clip.
- Attach the cable and take up the slack in the housing before securing it with the clip.