REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
If the vehicle is equipped with SRS, the air bag system must be disabled prior to attempting this repair procedure. Failure to do so could result in serious personal injury.
- Remove the lower dash panel.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the brake light switch.
- Disconnect the pedal assembly from the brake booster pushrod by removing the clevis pin retaining clip and the clevis pin.
- Remove the upper mounting bolt.
- Remove the four nuts securing the pedal assembly to the firewall.
- Slide the pedal assembly rearward and remove it from the vehicle.
- Position the pedal assembly on the mounting studs. Install the retaining nuts and tighten to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-16 Nm).
- Install the upper mounting bolt and tighten to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-16 Nm).
- Connect the pushrod. Install the clevis pin and secure with the retaining clip.
- Connect the brake switch wiring.
- Check the brake pedal installed height and the brake switch adjustment. Adjust if necessary.
- Install the lower dash panel.