See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The vacuum pump is driven by the alternator rotor shaft. The pump is lubricated by engine oil.
- Drain the oil from the vacuum pump by manually rotating the fan belt clockwise to discharge any oil in the pump.
- Disconnect all oil pipes and vacuum hoses from the pump.
- Remove the pump from the alternator assembly.
- Prime the pump with clean engine oil.
- Install the pump and torque the bolts to 14-18 ft. lbs. (20-25 Nm).
- Connect all oil pipes and vacuum hoses. Torque the banjo fittings to 22-25 ft. lbs. (29-34 Nm).