The pedal height is adjusted at the, pedal stopper, clutch switch or the ASCD stop switch (all are located at the top of the clutch pedal).
For vehicles equipped with a clutch interlock switch. Adjust the clearance between the rubber stopper and threaded end of the clutch interlock switch while depressing the clutch pedal fully. The clearance should be 0.004-0.039 in. (0.1-0.99mm). Adjust the pedal free-play by turning the adjusting knob at the transaxle. Measure the distance from the pedal resting position to the end of the free travel.
- Pull the carpet up and back from underneath the clutch pedal assembly.
Verify that the clutch pedal height is properly adjusted. The measurement is from the floor pan to the top of the pedal pad. The measurement should be as follows:
1982-85-8.23-8.43 in. (209-214mm)
is not within specifications, the pedal height can be adjusted as follows:
- Loosen the locknut and screw the clutch switch/pedal stopper in and out.
- Once the proper measurement is obtained, check the clutch switch adjustment.
- Tighten the switch locknut to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Place the carpet down underneath the clutch pedal assembly.
- Replace the floor mats.
- Check the clutch switch for proper operation.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
All models use a cable actuated mechanical clutch. The free-play is adjusted at the cable bracket, located near the clutch release lever on the transaxle.
When adjusting the free-play after replacing the clutch cable, depress the clutch pedal 50 times as a break in procedure before adjusting the free-play.
- Loosen the adjusting knob at the transaxle as much that is needed to obtain a proper adjustment.
- Adjust the pedal free-play by turning the adjusting knob at the transaxle.
Measure the distance from the pedal resting position to the end of the free travel. The distance (measurement
) should be as follows:
1982-84 vehicles-0.43-0.83 in. (11-21mm)
- Road test vehicle for proper operation.